Departments > Administration > Town Clerk > ABC Opinion Form

ABC Opinion Forms

Establishments selling alcohol are required to obtain an ABC Retail Permit from the North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission, 3322 Old Garner Road, Raleigh, NC 27610, (919) 779-0700. Instructions on applying for an ABC Permit can be found by clicking on the link below. As part of the application packet, an applicant must also submit a “Local Government Opinion” form, which can also be found by clicking on the link below. The applicant should fill out the top portion only of the “Local Government Opinion” form and mail or bring it to:

Drop Off:

Pineville Town Hall
200 Dover Street
Pineville, NC 28134


Pineville Town Hall
P.O. Box 249
Pineville, NC 28134

Please note: The “Local Government Opinion” form is simply the town’s recommendation to the state as to whether a permit should be granted or not, based on the applicant’s reputation, character and criminal record. The final decision and issuance of the ABC Retail Permit rests with the Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission in Raleigh. Please allow up to five (5) business days to process this form.

ABC Local Opinion Form

Instructions for Applying for a Permit