Pineville Planning and Zoning Department responds to the questions and concerns of property owners, residents, and town officials regarding the development and use of land. Planning and Zoning Department staff work on a variety of issues including the day-to day enforcement and compliance of town ordinances, creating policies on community growth, and developing long-range planning goals for a sustainable future. The department also provides assistance to the Planning Board, Board of Adjustment and Town Council for issues related to re-zonings, zoning text amendments, subdivision regulations, variances, land use plans, and similar activities. If you are interested in serving on one of these boards, please click here for an application.
- Pineville Zoning Ordinance Please check the current ordinance for answers to your zoning questions or to check specific uses for a particular piece of property.
- Zoning Table of Uses Chart displaying allowed uses in each zoning district.
- Subdivision Ordinance The Subdivision Ordinance was designed to provide clear-cut procedures for the preparation, submission and review/approval of subdivision plans.
- Sign Permit Pineville reviews all exterior and window signage. Please provide all relevant information including size and number of existing signs to remain, new signs to be added, new sign material, location, and distance inside property line for detached signs.
- Mecklenburg County POLARIS is a Web Based interactive map that provides information on all properties in Mecklenburg County. This site provides; tax information, building sizes, and other valuable information.
- LUESA is the office that provides information and assistance on permitting. Residents or contractors looking to put an addition or deck onto your home should visit Mecklenburg County's Land Use & Environmental Services Agency.