Mortgage Assistance Coming Soon for Residents in Towns and Unincorporated Areas
Mecklenburg County, NC – Soon, Mecklenburg County residents located in the six towns and unincorporated areas can receive help paying their mortgage.
Mecklenburg County will begin accepting applications for its Mortgage Assistance Payment Program beginning on April 4, 2022.
The Mortgage Assistance Payment Program is available thanks to CARES Act funding provided through the Community Block Development Grant.
The Mortgage Payment Assistance Program provides financial assistance to low to moderate income residents in the towns and unincorporated areas who have been negatively impacted by COVID-19. Eligible homeowners can receive 3 to 6 months of consecutive payments to use toward their mortgage payments including principal, interest, taxes, and insurance.
To be eligible, homeowners must:
- Reside in the towns and/or unincorporated areas of the County
- Have a household income of up to 80% Area Median Income (AMI) prior to the COVID-19 hardship
- Homeowners must have been current on mortgage prior to the COVID-19 hardship
- Homeowners must have a COVID-19 related loss of income or other qualifying criteria
Homeowners must also prove income loss or increased costs-related to childcare due to COVID-19 including:
- Reduction of work hours
- Job loss or furlough
- COVID-19 illness of self or immediate family member
Applications will be accepted until funds are depleted. To apply for the Mortgage Payment Assistance Program or to review eligibility requirements, visit RampCharMeck.com.